Our 17-year-old daughter used to love Starbucks frappuccinos. She has managed to create her own real food strawberry frappuccino recipe!
- 2 cups *cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons xylitol (stevia may be substituted - less is more)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (partially thawed for easier blending)
- Let frozen strawberries sit out while you complete the rest of the steps.
- Combine cream, vanilla and sweetener in bowl.
- Whip until thick and creamy.
- Set aside some of the whipped cream mixture for topping.
- Pour remaining whipped cream mixture into the blender.
- Add partially thawed strawberries.
- Pour into tall glass.
- Top with whipping cream.
- Drink to your heart's delight!
* Unpasteurized, raw cream is optimal. Next best is pasteurized organic. (We like Straus.) Ultra-pasteurized cream is best avoided due to the denaturing of the cream.
** Xylitol derived from birch is preferable. (We like Health Garden.)