Our 17-year-old daughter used to love Starbucks frappuccinos. She has managed to create her own healthy, real food strawberry frappuccino recipe!
- 2 cups *cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons xylitol (stevia may be substituted - less is more)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (partially thawed for easier blending)
- Let frozen strawberries sit out while you complete the rest of the steps.
- Combine cream, vanilla and sweetener in bowl.
- Whip until thick and creamy.
- Set aside some of the whipped cream mixture for topping.
- Pour remaining whipped cream mixture into the blender.
- Add partially thawed strawberries.
- Pour into tall glass.
- Top with whipping cream.
- Drink to your heart's delight!
* Unpasteurized, raw cream is optimal. Next best is pasteurized organic. (We like Straus.) Ultra-pasteurized cream is best avoided due to the denaturing of the cream.
** Xylitol derived from birch is preferable. (We like Health Garden.)
- 30Our family's favorite kitchen tool right now is our Whip-it Gourmet Cream Whipper. If possible, we use raw cream. Our second choice is pasteurized organic cream fermented for several hours. For those who tolerate dairy, there's nothing like fresh whipped cream with a little sweetener! Brandon has become a pro…