Who doesn’t love the smell and taste of fresh bread straight from the oven? We recently discovered this gluten-free sourdough bread that works great for our family. It’s grain-free too!
We use kombucha for our sourdough starter along with quinoa flour. See DIY Gluten-free Sourdough Starter.
Gluten-free Grain-free Sourdough Bread
- 3 cups sourdough starter (I use quinoa flour exclusively for the starter.)
- 3 cups flour blend (I use a 1:1:1 ratio of Tiger Nut flour, flax meal, and almond flour.) Use whatever flours you have on hand that suits your diet/preferences. Other options include cassava flour, garbanzo flour, and plantain flour.
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
1. Blend sourdough starter with remaining ingredients by hand or mixer. Keep it fairly thick. There is no need to knead the dough.
2. Pour into parchment lined loaf pans. (I use parchment loaf pans offered by If You Care. I reuse them several times. )
3. Cover and allow to rise 4 hours or more.
4. Remove cover and place them in a dutch oven.
5. Place the lid on the dutch oven. (Covering them allows them to cook from the inside and avoid burned edges.)
6. Turn oven to 400 degrees.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
8. Remove from dutch oven or remove the lid and cook an additional 10 minutes till done.
9. Remove from pans and allow to cool.
10. Enjoy immediately or save until the next day for improved texture.
- 59Who doesn't love the smell and taste of fresh bread straight from the oven? Enjoy this gluten-free, grain-free sourdough bread! This recipe uses a combination of quinoa and chickpea (garbanzo) flour. Kombucha is used to ferment the quinoa flour and create a sourdough starter. (See this recipe for brewing your…
- 54Since the beginning of our grain-free journey in 2010, our family has missed the old-fashioned PB and J sandwich. Recently we enjoyed our own version with homemade sourdough bread, sunflower nut butter, and homemade cranberry jelly! This recipe takes some advance preparation, but once everything is ready it's a snap…
- 53This gluten-free & grain-free sourdough stuffing recipe is ideal for family gatherings - especially for those with special dietary needs! Grain-free Sourdough Stuffing Recipe This recipe relies on our family's tried and true sourdough bread recipe using quinoa flour and a combination of almond meal and flax meal. Kombucha offers…
- 45Are you following a grain-free diet? Do you miss cold cereal? Try this sugar-free, Paleo, and GAPS-friendly sourdough cereal! Since we discovered Julian Bakery's Paleo Coconut Flakes Cereal I've been trying to come up with a homemade alternative. Our family loves the Coconut Flakes, but it's expensive. (The best price…