Enjoy this real food version of the popular Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
Skip the refined sugar and artificial ingredients and enjoy this natural Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup alternative. I use almond butter for the filling, but for those who must avoid nuts, consider tahini (sesame seed butter) or sunflower butter.
Nut Butter Cups
This versatile recipe can be adapted to suit a variety of dietary needs.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 3-4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut manna
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste (see below)
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee (optional for mocha flavor)
- 3-4 tablespoons almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes (optional)
- mold (glass dish, silicone candy molds, or mold of choice)
- Melt all but nut butter in double boiler.
- Pour half of cacao blend into molds.
- Freeze till solid. (Approximately 15 minutes.)
- Remove from freezer.
- Spoon nut butter onto frozen chocolates.
- Pour remaining chocolate over the nut butter.
- Freeze till solid.
- Remove from molds and enjoy!
Sweetener options include:
- Monk Fruit
- Agave Inulin
- Coco Monkey
(For more specifics on each sweetener, see 5 Sweetener Alternatives.)
Looking for more delectable, real food candy options?
- 54This simple dairy-free, sugar-free frosting combines coconut, palm shortening, and your favorite natural sweetener! Dairy-Free, Sugar-free Frosting Recipe This is my go-to recipe for any birthday or holiday decorating. The recipe is simple if you have coconut manna or coconut cream on hand. You'll also need a high-quality palm shortening.…
- 45Looking for a healthier alternative to the ever-popular Keebler Fudge Stripes? Why not try this real food, gluten-free cookie recipe! Sixteen-year-old Kaitlyn offers this real food version! Gluten-Free Cacao Stripes [mpprecipe-recipe:116] These Cacao Stripes closely resemble the popular Caramel deLites Girl Scout Cookies. Make your caramel sauce and sprinkle some toasted…
- 44Your family will love these gluten-free Santa Berries (with dairy-free option). Combine pineapple pieces with sugar-free icing, cacao nibs and fresh strawberries for a festive holiday treat! Gluten-free, Sugar-free Santa Berries Ingredients: 12 toothpicks 12 fresh strawberries 12 pieces canned or fresh pineapple * 24 cacao nibs Icing ** *…
Sarah Pope says
Love this recipe but only have raw cacao paste, raw coconut butter and cacao powder, coconut oil on hand. Would any of these substitute for the cacao butter or do I need to order some first.
Andrea Fabry says
If you have cacao paste you can combine with the coconut butter and coconut oil easily!! You can easily adapt this recipe with those ingredients, Sarah.