This gluten-free & grain-free sourdough stuffing recipe is ideal for family gatherings – especially for those with special dietary needs!
Grain-free Sourdough Stuffing Recipe
This recipe relies on our family’s tried and true sourdough bread recipe using quinoa flour and a combination of almond meal and flax meal. Kombucha offers a nice starter for the quinoa flour. Once you have your fermented quinoa flour, it’s simple to add a bit of sea salt, and alternate flours. Find the recipe here.
1. Cube 1 loaf of sourdough bread.
2. Place cubes on baking sheet and bake till lightly toasted. (Approximately 20 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, gently saute the following:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried thyme
4. Once onions are translucent, add 2 cups chicken stock. 4 tablespoons melted butter or ghee, and sustainably sourced cooked sausage if desired. (I buy my sausage from U.S. Wellness Meats.) You can omit the sausage and use cooked turkey or chicken for a wonderful leftover meal!
5. Stir and pour into a 2-quart greased casserole dish or a 9×13 greased baking pan.
6. Bake uncovered till lightly browned. (Approximately 40 minutes)
7. Remove from oven and enjoy!