This affordable degreaser will get rid of those sticky adhesives so you can repurpose your glass jars. It can also be used on kitchen cabinets or inside ovens!
DIY Goo Gone
Combine your favorite kitchen oil with baking soda and you’ve got a multi-purpose homemade degreaser and anti-adhesive formula!
DIY Goo Gone Recipe
- 1 part kitchen oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 parts baking soda
Combine in a small bowl and stir to make a paste. You can always add a few drops of essential oil for added cleaning power. Suggested essential oils include lemon, orange, rosemary, and tea tree oil.
Directions for Adhesive Remover
- Soak jar overnight in warm water to loosen the adhesive.
- Scrape off as much of the adhesive as you can.
- Apply the Goo Gone with your fingers.
- Rub thoroughly.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat if needed.
Alternative Uses for DIY Goo Gone
I love this paste for any type of grime. I use it on kitchen cabinets, the stovetop, and my oven!
Directions for DIY Goo Gone Oven Cleaner
Warm the oven before applying the paste. Once you apply, allow it to sit for a few minutes before scrubbing. This takes a bit of muscle power, but it sure beats the hazards that come with the self-cleaning function. (See What Are the Dangers of a Self-Cleaning Oven?)
Chances are you have both ingredients on hand. Why not give DIY Goo Gone a try?
Looking for more DIY cleaning products?
- 40Looking for reasons to cut out chemicals when you clean? Consider these points offered in the article Green Cleaning vs. Conventional Cleaning: • Manufacturers of conventional household cleaners are not required by law to disclose the noxious ingredients in their products. • Do not be fooled by the words "non-toxic"…
- 40Looking for nontoxic alternatives to harsh chemicals? Trying to steer clear of bleach and other products that emit hazardous volatile organic compounds (VOCs)? You'll love the effectiveness and safety of pumice! Pumice for Cleaning Pumice is my go-to when it comes to household cleaning. I use it on tile and…
- 40DIY Magnesium Balm is a simple and effective way to add magnesium to your daily health regimen. Transdermal magnesium bypasses the digestive tract, making the nutrient more bioavailable without the danger of overdoing it. (See The Health Benefits of Transdermal Magnesium.) DIY Magnesium Balm requires magnesium oil, which is simply…
- 38Treat someone special (or maybe yourself) to a relaxing bath with these nourishing, all natural bath bombs! Only three ingredients needed. Optional ingredients include dried herbs or flowers, sea salt and skin-softening oil. [mpprecipe-recipe:31] For this recipe I used ground pink Himalayan sea salt and dried rose petals for a…