Your family will love these Paleo lemon blueberry muffins for breakfast or an afternoon snack! Combine almond flour, butter, and blueberries for a delicious grain-free treat!
Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins
You’ll need 2 1/2 cups of your favorite flour alternative. I use a combination of almond flour, blanched almond flour, tiger nut flour, and flax meal. Almond flour alone works just fine, too.
2.5 cups almond flour (or a combination of grain-free flours)
2 eggs (or egg substitute: I use 1/2 cup garbanzo flour blended with 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk)
1/4 cup butter or ghee, melted (or 1/4 cup melted coconut oil to keep it dairy-free)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lemon juice and zest from 1-2 lemons
Sweetener to taste (see 5 Sweetener Alternatives)
1 cup blueberries (blueberries not only taste good they’re full of nutrition. See this article from The Cooking Detective.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a muffin tray with parchment muffin liners. (I recently discovered Culinary Parchment Lotus Cups at my local grocer!)
3. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
4. Combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
5. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Spoon into muffin liners until each is 3/4 full.
8. Bake until done (approximately 20-25 minutes).