- 3 cups almond flour (I use a combination of tiger nut flour and almond flour)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional, but adds nice flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk (can substitute more coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup xylitol from birch (*or sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 pastured eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line bottom and sides of 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper. (Or grease cake pan thoroughly.)
- In large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, raw cacao powder, xylitol, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla and raw honey if using.
- Blend wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until batter is formed, but avoid over-mixing.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake approximately 50 minutes. If more baking is needed, cover the cake with parchment paper to avoid burning. (Lower the temperature to 325 degrees for added protection.) The cake is done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.