Grain-free Sourdough Stuffing
- 1 loaf grain-free sourdough bread
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried thyme
- 1 cup sustainably sourced sausage (optional, but adds flavor)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut sourdough bread into cubes.
- Place cubes on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes till dried and slightly toasted.
- Pour half of your melted butter onto skillet pan.
- Add onions, celery, and seasonings.
- Stir until onions are translucent. (Approximately 20 minutes)
- Add cubed sourdough bread, chicken stock (broth), remaining butter, and sausage if using.
- Stir till combined.
- Pour into greased 9X13 baking pan or 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered till brown on top. (Approximately 40 minutes)