A simple method for transforming delicious winter squash into a yummy on-the-go snack.
- 2 cups cooked squash. Any type of winter squash is suitable - preferably on the sweeter side.*
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut shavings.This is optional. Feel free to use squash and spices only.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice blend. Use any combination you enjoy.
- Combine squash and spice in bowl, blender or food processor. Add coconut if desired. Blend. (I use a stick blender to simplify clean up.)
- Spread on dehydrator trays lined with ParaFlexx sheets or parchment paper.
- Dehydrate for 8-12 hours at 110 degrees. Watch it carefully to observe texture. The squash must be turned after approximately 6 hours to assure complete drying. I like to keep it fairly "leathery" - but you can dry it till it crumbles and use in trail mix.
*Wondering which squash is the sweetest? Check out Which Squash is the Sweetest?
- 43This 14 meal rotational plan comes in handy if I lose inspiration. These are dinners only. Breakfast and lunch look very similar unless a smoothie or juice substitute for a meal. Snacks include beef jerky, kale chips, fermented fruit leather, boiled eggs, and avocado ice cream. We currently follow a…
- 34These grain-free, gluten-free coconut flour biscuits go nicely with any meal. This recipe makes 4 large or 6 small biscuits. Feel free to double or even triple the recipe! Coconut Flour Biscuits Ingredients 1/3 cup coconut flour (higher altitudes may require more) 4 tablespoons melted butter or ghee (coconut oil…
- 32Wondering which type of winter squash is best for desserts or muffins? Or are you looking for one most suited to a vegetable dish flavored with herbs and butter? Here are the results of our family's recent taste test that included four participants. (2 adults, two children.) Winter Squash Comparison…
- 32Your family will love this GAPS and Paleo-friendly Shepherd's Pie made with mashed cauliflower! Potato-Free Shepherd's Pie Our 18-year-old daughter Kaitlyn is the author of this recipe. Here's how she describes the family's response to the meal: Not only is Shepherd's Pie popular in the United Kingdom, it's notorious in…
[…] Squash Leather […]