This natural gift will delight any family member or friend!
Hand milling soap allows you to enjoy the fun of creating soap without the hassle of working with lye.
DIY Hand Milled Christmas Soap
DIY Christmas Soap the Easy Way
All you need is some natural soap
- 2 bars natural soap
- Double boiler or pot to melt soap in oven
- Spirulina powder or other green powder (Green food coloring may be used, but is not natural.)
- Cheese grater
- Silicone mold in the shape of Christmas tree (I found mine at Walmart. Amazon also carries them.)
- Ground rose petals (optional)
- Peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Sprinkle 1-2 ounces water or liquid over the grated soap. (Suggested liquids include coconut milk, herbal tea or water.)
- Heat on low setting in a double boiler. You can also place in oven-safe pot and heat in the oven at lowest setting.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning. This can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. When soap is liquefied, remove from heat. It will be somewhat lumpy.
- Stir in green powder or coloring.
- Add 5-10 drops essential oil, if using.
- Press into molds. (I treat the soap like Play-Doh and work with my hands to achieve desired texture and form.)
- Allow soap to cool.
- Remove from mold.
- Sprinkle immediately with ground rose petals.
- Allow soap to dry for several days to harden thoroughly.
- 56It's easier than you think to create your natural products. Here are five suggestions for transforming one bar of castile soap into something useful around your home! Castile is a plant-based all-natural version of synthetic soaps. Just So Natural Products offers an all-natural, chemical-free Coconut Castile soap. This recipe uses…
- 43Enjoy the rejuvenating benefits of this all natural DIY hair rinse and skin toner! The recipe is a variation of Queen of Hungary Water, an herbal astringent handed down since the 1300's. [mpprecipe-recipe:11] Don’t have all these herbs available? Feel free to use any combination based on what you have…
- 41DIY Magnesium Balm is a simple and effective way to add magnesium to your daily health regimen. Transdermal magnesium bypasses the digestive tract, making the nutrient more bioavailable without the danger of overdoing it. (See The Health Benefits of Transdermal Magnesium.) DIY Magnesium Balm requires magnesium oil, which is simply…
- 40Looking for nontoxic alternatives to harsh chemicals? Trying to steer clear of bleach and other products that emit hazardous volatile organic compounds (VOCs)? You'll love the effectiveness and safety of pumice! Pumice for Cleaning Pumice is my go-to when it comes to household cleaning. I use it on tile and…
Leave a Reply