This gluten-free & grain-free sourdough stuffing recipe is ideal for family gatherings – especially for those with special dietary needs!
Grain-free Sourdough Stuffing Recipe
This recipe relies on our family’s tried and true sourdough bread recipe using quinoa flour and a combination of almond meal and flax meal. Kombucha offers a nice starter for the quinoa flour. Once you have your fermented quinoa flour, it’s simple to add a bit of sea salt, and alternate flours. Find the recipe here.
1. Cube 1 loaf of sourdough bread.
2. Place cubes on baking sheet and bake till lightly toasted. (Approximately 20 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, gently saute the following:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried thyme
4. Once onions are translucent, add 2 cups chicken stock. 4 tablespoons melted butter or ghee, and sustainably sourced cooked sausage if desired. (I buy my sausage from U.S. Wellness Meats.) You can omit the sausage and use cooked turkey or chicken for a wonderful leftover meal!
5. Stir and pour into a 2-quart greased casserole dish or a 9×13 greased baking pan.
6. Bake uncovered till lightly browned. (Approximately 40 minutes)
7. Remove from oven and enjoy!
- 67This gluten-free and grain-free sourdough pizza crust is sure to be a family favorite! Quinoa flour is fermented with kombucha (or other fermented liquid) and transformed into a delicious flatbread or pizza crust! While almond flour or other grain-free flour makes a nice pizza crust, this quinoa flour combination makes…
- 64Who doesn't love the smell and taste of fresh bread straight from the oven? Enjoy this gluten-free, grain-free sourdough bread! This recipe uses a combination of quinoa and chickpea (garbanzo) flour. Kombucha is used to ferment the quinoa flour and create a sourdough starter. (See this recipe for brewing your…
- 57This 14 meal rotational plan comes in handy if I lose inspiration. These are dinners only. Breakfast and lunch look very similar unless a smoothie or juice substitute for a meal. Snacks include beef jerky, kale chips, fermented fruit leather, boiled eggs, and avocado ice cream. We currently follow a…
- 53Who doesn't love the smell and taste of fresh bread straight from the oven? We recently discovered this gluten-free sourdough bread that works great for our family. It's grain-free too! We use kombucha for our sourdough starter along with quinoa flour. See DIY Gluten-free Sourdough Starter. Gluten-free Grain-free Sourdough Bread…
- 50This simple cultured cranberry-orange chutney is an excellent way to add a fermented boost to your holiday or family gathering! Cultured Cranberry-Orange Chutney Ingredients: 3 c. frozen or fresh cranberries 1-2 fresh oranges, peeled and de-seeded 1-2 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. salt 2-4 tbsp. whole cane or other unrefined sugar…