This simple dairy-free, sugar-free frosting combines coconut, palm shortening, and your favorite natural sweetener!
Dairy-Free, Sugar-free Frosting Recipe
This is my go-to recipe for any birthday or holiday decorating. The recipe is simple if you have coconut manna or coconut cream on hand. You’ll also need a high-quality palm shortening. (I like Tropical Traditions Palm Shortening.)
If you have canned coconut milk you can get the coconut cream by refrigerating the can overnight. Scoop out the cream in the morning. (The coconut cream by itself works well as a frosting, but I find the palm shortening enriches the texture.)
Blend 1 cup coconut cream with 1/4 cup palm shortening using a stand mixer or high powered blender.
If using the above method, your frosting is ready to use. If you don’t have coconut cream on hand. Try this method with coconut flakes:
1. Place 2 cups coconut flakes in food processor.
2. Blend till creamy. (Approximately 10 minutes.)
3. Add 1/4 cup palm shortening and sweetener. (I use liquid stevia. I don’t need much because the coconut cream is naturally sweetened.)
4. Blend thoroughly.
5. If you’re going for a thin icing effect you’re ready to spoon onto the dessert item. I do this for my Pumpkin Paleo Bundt Cake.
5. If you’re going for a thicker frosting, you’ll need to cool the icing before blending again. Place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour or so. (Or freeze for faster results – but watch it closely to avoid freezing.)
6. Blend again using your food processor or high powered blender. A stand mixer also works well.
7. Decorate and enjoy!
- 57Your family will love these gluten-free Santa Berries (with dairy-free option). Combine pineapple pieces with sugar-free icing, cacao nibs and fresh strawberries for a festive holiday treat! Gluten-free, Sugar-free Santa Berries Ingredients: 12 toothpicks 12 fresh strawberries 12 pieces canned or fresh pineapple * 24 cacao nibs Icing ** *…
- 54Enjoy this real food version of the popular Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! Skip the refined sugar and artificial ingredients and enjoy this natural Reese's Peanut Butter Cup alternative. I use almond butter for the filling, but for those who must avoid nuts, consider tahini (sesame seed butter) or sunflower butter.…
- 50Looking for real food desserts your family will love? Try this Gluten-free Devil's Food Cake for any birthday or holiday treat! Consider adding a whipped cream frosting or this Dairy-free, Sugar-free Frosting. Wondering which sweetener to choose? See 5 Sweetener Alternatives. Gluten-free Devil's Food Cake
- 45These grain-free, gluten-free coconut flour biscuits go nicely with any meal. This recipe makes 4 large or 6 small biscuits. Feel free to double or even triple the recipe! Coconut Flour Biscuits Ingredients 1/3 cup coconut flour (higher altitudes may require more) 4 tablespoons melted butter or ghee (coconut oil…