These grain-free, gluten-free coconut flour biscuits go nicely with any meal. This recipe makes 4 large or 6 small biscuits. Feel free to double or even triple the recipe!
Coconut Flour Biscuits
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (higher altitudes may require more)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or ghee (coconut oil may be substituted)
- 4 organic egg whites
- 2 organic egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder (I make my own by sifting together two parts cream of tartar with one part baking soda)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs and egg whites. Add melted butter or ghee.
3. Add remaining ingredients. (Use hand mixer, or food processor if desired.)
4. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes to allow dough to expand and become cohesive.
5. Form into “patties” and press onto baking stone or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until done.
My kids love our homemade Egg McMuffins with this recipe. Add some sausage or bacon and fried eggs and enjoy!
Try adding an alternative low-carb sweetener plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for a delicious “snickerdoodle” taste. I made this batch with coconut oil, and while the texture was a bit “grainier” than with butter, the cinnamon and xylitol combination tasted great!
Consider making these savory by adding rosemary and grated parmesan cheese.
I have not tried using a flax or chickpea egg replacer with these muffins. It could be worth a try.
The net carb count is approximately 10 carbs per biscuit, more if honey is added. Calorie count would be approximately 150 calories per biscuit for a batch of six without honey.
Not all coconut flours are finely ground. Sifting beforehand can help avoid that cornbread texture.
Looking for additional grain-free bread ideas?
Pin it for later:
- 67Who doesn't love the smell and taste of fresh bread straight from the oven? Enjoy this gluten-free, grain-free sourdough bread! This recipe uses a combination of quinoa and chickpea (garbanzo) flour. Kombucha is used to ferment the quinoa flour and create a sourdough starter. (See this recipe for brewing your…
- 65Blanched almond flour is the key to the success of these Paleo almond flour biscuits. Light and fluffy, these grain-free biscuits are sure to be a hit at your house! Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (ground almonds with skins removed) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 3 tablespoons melted butter…
- 63These melt-in-your-mouth, fluffy pancakes not only taste delightful, they're grain-free and gluten-free! Our teenage son Brandon has tried repeatedly to create pancakes with just the right texture. He found it with this combination of coconut flour, tapioca flour, and yogurt. (Almond flour never quite worked for him.) Tapioca flour is…