This simple egg-free Paleo almond bread is our family’s go-to recipe for school lunches, sandwiches, and even cinnamon toast! More like a flat bread, it is simple to make, low-carb, and perfect for those on a grain-free protocol.
Simple Egg-Free Paleo Almond Bread
This Paleo- and GAPS-friendly recipe is quite versatile and works great for our son Colin, who has been living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 7. (See Why My Son Got Type 1 Diabetes.) Here’s what Colin says about this recipe:
I like the consistency first of all, but I also like it because it’s filling. It’s great with almond butter or as a side with soup. It’s simple to make, which is a bonus.
When I need a more traditional bread, I use fermented quinoa flour for a sourdough bread. (See Gluten-Free Sourdough Bread.)
Almond meal serves as the base for this recipe. You can use only almond meal or add a bit of flax meal and/or tiger nut flour. I have also successfully added garbanzo flour.
The addition of psyllium helps bring texture and fiber to the bread, while the flax meal and tiger nut flour add a nice flavor and nutritive touch.
- 3 cups almond meal (if adding flax meal or another flour, use 2.5 cups almond meal and fill to 3 cups)
- 6 tablespoons psyllium
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups filtered water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease a glass 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
3. Blend the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
4. Add filtered water and stir with a fork until combined.
5. Allow the mixture to rest for 5-10 minutes.
6. Pour into greased baking dish.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- 47This gluten-free and grain-free sourdough pizza crust is sure to be a family favorite! Quinoa flour is fermented with kombucha (or other fermented liquid) and transformed into a delicious flatbread or pizza crust! While almond flour or other grain-free flour makes a nice pizza crust, this quinoa flour combination makes…
- 45This gluten-free & grain-free sourdough stuffing recipe is ideal for family gatherings - especially for those with special dietary needs! Grain-free Sourdough Stuffing Recipe This recipe relies on our family's tried and true sourdough bread recipe using quinoa flour and a combination of almond meal and flax meal. Kombucha offers…
- 41This 14 meal rotational plan comes in handy if I lose inspiration. These are dinners only. Breakfast and lunch look very similar unless a smoothie or juice substitute for a meal. Snacks include beef jerky, kale chips, fermented fruit leather, boiled eggs, and avocado ice cream. We currently follow a…
- 39Blanched almond flour is the key to the success of these Paleo almond flour biscuits. Light and fluffy, these grain-free biscuits are sure to be a hit at your house! Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (ground almonds with skins removed) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 3 tablespoons melted butter…