Green Veggie Frittata
Enjoy this grain-free, gluten-free dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Try it with swiss chard, kale or spinach. (Or all three!)
- 12 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream, kefir or yogurt (optional but makes the texture richer)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup seasonal greens such as swiss chard, collard greens, spinach,kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter, coconut oil or lard (sometimes I cook bacon to add to the dish and leave the fat for this ingredient)
- 1 tablespoon water (this will help the green veggies wilt quickly)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine eggs and sour cream, kefir or yogurt. It blends easier if all are at room temperature.
- Blend using hand blender or whisk. (Hand blender makes the final product fluffier.)
- Melt butter, ghee or fat in ovenproof skillet.
- Add onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions are translucent. (Approximately 5 minutes.)
- Add chopped green veggies and water.
- Cook for several minutes until wilted.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies and onions.
- Heat mixture on the stove until the edges are set.
- Place in preheated oven and cook till done. (10-15 minutes)
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Leave a Reply